Bifocal Contact Lenses
Bifocal contact lenses are an advanced type of lense that is an ideal option for patients diagnosed with nearsightedness or presbyopia. Presbyopia is a natural change that occurs to the eyes around the age of 40, affecting near vision. Bifocal contact lenses provide a clear, customized vision at all distances, eliminating the need for glasses without surgery.
Types Of Bifocal Contact Lenses
Bifocal lenses are available in both soft and gas permeable materials. Some lenses can be worn as disposable contact lenses with a schedule for replacement. Types of bifocal contact lenses available may include the following:
- Alternating bifocal contact lenses
- Aspheric bifocal contact lenses
- Concentric bifocal contact lenses
Reasons To Choose Bifocal Contact Lenses
- Current vision correction is not clear
- Difficulty reading small or fine print in low lighting
- Need to read objects at a distance further away
- Eye fatigue
The best type of bifocal contact lenses can vary depending on the preference and specific needs of the patient.